With technological processes improving by leaps and bounds, we’ve gone from a few software tools to dozens of popular apps, communication channels and project management systems, each always-on on multiple user devices. Many of them were welcomed as productivity and efficiency tools, however, many SMEs ITDMs failed to realise that these tools would end up being detrimental to their employees’ daily workload.
In fact, it has been proven that employees during in order to perform their work switch between applications every six minutes therefore suffering from unnecessary distractions that do not add value to the business, this is often referred to as “app fatigue”.1
All this proves that are not working smarter, we are working more about work instead of focusing on what really adds value. To tackle this, Dropbox has built the Smart Workspace.
What does a Smart Workspace look like?
The Smart Workspace is a digital environment that brings all of a team users content together with the tools they already are proficient with and love, helping them cut through the clutter and focusing on what matters most. It comes to life with the launch of the Dropbox Business Desktop App and HelloSign, the pinnacle of evolution of a collaborative and efficient Smart Workspace.
How does the Smart Workspace translate into Dropbox Business?
Cloud storage and collaboration are a hugely popular option for businesses to augment existing IT infrastructure as an alternative to traditional storage. There has been an influx of SMEs who understand the value of cloud storage to prevent exposing their businesses to risk and falling behind current IT best practices. Proactive SMEs are adopting the Dropbox Business and Hellosign solutions quickly into their work processes for the following reasons:
- Eliminate costly infrastructure - The cost of buying, maintaining and repairing new servers is more expensive. With cloud storage, they can eliminate the need for expensive and risky in-house systems.
- Improve workplace processes - The ability to access data and work from anywhere is a new concept to SMEs as they are bounded to their desks and their computer due to their data being stored in physical drives. With cloud storage, they can now evolve the way they work by accessing the information they need, when they need it.
- Enhanced security – Ensuring their data is backed up securely in a cloud server to prevent misplacement or loss due to a hardware crashes. Research indicates that only 6% of businesses survive more than 2 years after a big data crash?2
How does the Smart Workspace translate into Hellosign?
The process of a traditional print, sign then mail or fax consumes a great deal of time and money for most SMEs. They strive to digitise their work processes to redirect their time into expanding and evolving their businesses. Part of digitisation includes incorporating an e-signature into their workflow to evolve their clients’ experiences as well as their businesses.
- Ease your audit trail - Each document has a comprehensive log of each parties’ name, email address, IP address and a record of the day and time of all activity that occurred. As such, simplify and transform the way the audit is conducted in their company.
- Team management tools - Transforming the way the team collaborates with customised administrative configuration and flexible workflow settings personalised to suit each individual company’s needs.
- Up in the cloud - Enjoy accessing documents securely at anytime, anywhere!
Ingram Micro is an Dropbox Authorised Distributor in Hong Kong